Business Administration, M.B.A.
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is offered in convenient evening or Saturday formats available at the main campus in Lakewood as well as fully online. A fast-track program allows qualified students to complete the degree in one calendar year. The self-paced program allows students to speed up or slow down in any given semester.
Advanced admission to the Master of Business Administration program (B.S./M.B.A.) is also available in combination with Georgian Court’s undergraduate major programs in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, and Sport Management.
The M.B.A. program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Mission & Objectives
The mission of the Master of Business Administration program for Georgian Court University is to prepare professionals for positions of leadership and responsibility in corporate, government and service organizations according to the Mercy core values.
Specific objectives are
- to prepare students for careers in the management of organizations both in the private and public sectors
- to provide students with the graduate-level qualifications accepted for advancement in their chosen career field
- to provide students with an ethical basis for sound, values-based decision making in a complex technological society, and
- to promote understanding of today’s competitive global environment.
New Jersey CPA License Requirements
Georgian Court maintains its curricula to be consistent with the current educational requirements for many professional licenses and certifications in business and accounting. Details of these requirements should be obtained from the body issuing the license or certification. The New Jersey State Board of Accountancy should be consulted for the requirements for a New Jersey license as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Students without an undergraduate accounting degree may be required to take additional graduate or undergraduate courses to meet the requirements for a New Jersey license.
Upon successful completion of the program of studies for Business Administration, the student will receive a Master of Business Administration degree and will have given evidence of the following outcomes and goals:
- effective oral, written, and technological business communication skills for managerial and executive settings;
- in-depth understanding of business concepts in accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing and application to management, global business, and corporate strategy;
- development and refinement of leadership skills as a business professional through collaboration and effective membership in teams and self-reflection;
- recognize important ethical principles and to apply the concepts in a business context; and
- ability to use quantitative and decision-making tools and technologies to identify, extract, analyze, and interpret business data.
Qualified candidates interested in the M.B.A. program should contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 732-987-2770. Information and applications are also available on the Georgian Court University website at http://www.georgian.edu. All requirements listed below should be submitted as soon as possible since applications are considered on a space-available basis. In special cases, a personal interview may be requested.
Requirements for admission to the M.B.A. program:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed self-managed application packet, including the following:
- Completed application for admission
- A check or money order for $40 (nonrefundable) payable to Georgian Court University
- A statement of objectives listing applicant’s academic and career goals
- Applicant’s current résumé
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended either in sealed, signed envelopes or via electronic submission directly from the registrar’s office
- One professional reference
- Completed successful interview, if requested
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores (optional)
Candidates are evaluated on an individual basis. Strong consideration will be given to an applicant’s business and life experience. Upon matriculation, all coursework is to be completed at GCU.
M.B.A. Course Requirements
Georgian Court University’s M.B.A. program features advanced courses in each of the major business disciplines and includes courses in current business topics. Students are required to take 36 credits, which consists of 24 credits of core courses, and 12 credits of elective courses. Students may not take more than 12 credits of MBA courses per semester without approval of the director of the MBA program.
|Core Courses (required):|
|AC602||Management Acct & Budgetary Control||3.0|
|BU609||Management & Leadership||3.0|
|BU691A||Strategic Management Simulation-A||3.0|
|or BU691B||Strategic Management Project-B|
|Elective Courses (select 12 credits from among the following):|
|BU600||Production & Operations Management||3.0|
|BU604||Corporate Governance & Business Ethics||3.0|
|BU605||Legal Environment of Business||3.0|
|MC608||Digital Media Analytics & Cust Research||3.0|