School Counseling Services, Director of
The GCU director of the school counseling program prepares individuals who already hold a valid educational services certification as a school counselor. The program includes study in administration, staff supervision, and curriculum development. Note: Applicants who completed the GCU school counselor program may use EDC5010 Curr Leadership for the Incl Sch to fulfill the curriculum development requirement.
In addition, the director of the school counseling program requires at least three years of successful school counselor experience under standard New Jersey or out-of-state school counselor certification.
Requirements for Admission
- Completed application including an application fee (a check or money order for $40 (nonrefundable) payable to Georgian Court University;
- Official transcript(s) showing the award of a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Transcripts may be sent from your prior institution directly to the GCU Office of Admissions, or you may submit them;
- Evidence of a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0;
- If the applicant is an international student, a passing score on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required;
- A letter from the supervising superintendent or principal documenting that you have a minimum of three years successful experience as a certified school counselor. The letter should include the dates of employment and the qualifying positions held during those specific dates; and
- A personal interview with the director of the school counseling program or chair may be required.