School Counseling Services, Director of
The GCU director of the school counseling program prepares individuals who already hold a valid educational services certification as a school counselor. The program includes study in administration, staff supervision, and curriculum development.
In addition, the director of the school counseling program requires at least three years of successful school counselor experience under standard New Jersey or out-of-state school counselor certification.
Requirements for Admission
- Completed application including an application fee (a check or money order for $40 (nonrefundable) payable to Georgian Court University;
- Official transcript(s) showing the award of a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Transcripts may be sent from your prior institution directly to the GCU Office of Admissions, or you may submit them;
- Evidence of a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0;
- A letter from the supervising superintendent or principal documenting that you have a minimum of three years successful experience as a certified school counselor. The letter should include the dates of employment and the qualifying positions held during those specific dates; and
- A personal interview with the director of the school counseling program or chair may be required.