Bilingual/Bicultural Education Endorsement
Certified teachers with proficiency in both English and another language that would be used for instruction will be eligible for an endorsement as a Bilingual/Bicultural teacher at the completion of this 12-credit program. The endorsement allows the individual to teach the subject(s) and grade levels of their instructional certificate to speakers of other languages in a bilingual setting. It also prepares the bilingual teacher to help English language learners meet the New Jersey Student Learning Standards (NJSLS), and World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) standards. The program design was guided by the national Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) standards, the New Jersey Professional Standards for Teachers (NJPST), and the Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC) standards.
- An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Evidence of a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- A copy of a valid New Jersey instructional certificate (P–3; K–6; or K–12);
- Passing scores on oral and written proficiency examinations in English and another language; and
- If the applicant is an international student, a passing score on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required.
|EDC5021||Second Language Acquisition||3|
|EDC5022||Theo Prac Methods Teach ESL Thr Content||3|
|EDC5026||Phonology & Structure of American Eng||3|
|EDC5027||Dev Lit Skills for Sec Lang Learners||3|