The Learning Connection
The Learning Connection (TLC) Program is located in Jeffries Hall, Room 103. It is a fee-based, formally structured program for students who desire support beyond their ADA accommodations. It is designed to assist undergraduate students with learning disabilities or other conditions that may impact their academic performance. The goal of TLC is to optimize academic, personal, and life skills for persistence to graduation. The Learning Connection program is committed to working with students in a confidential and nurturing environment, while fostering independence and self-advocacy.
- two hours weekly of professional one-on-one scheduled tutoring/coaching sessions with an academic development specialist;
- coaching in organizational, time management, and study skills, as well as testing strategies;
- personal and transitional support;
- evaluation of student progress through tracking of grades and assignments; and
- workshops and events for socialization purposes.
To enroll in TLC:
- students must first be accepted to Georgian Court University;
- students must submit documentation of a learning disability or other condition that impacts academic performance; and
- an interview with the director is required.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-987-2363 for further information
Georgian Court University does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in any of its programs or activities. Services are provided in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).