TRIO–Student Support Services
TRIO–Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally-funded program that aspires to meet the needs of eligible students who have the potential to successfully overcome the challenges of higher education. Our focus is to ensure that program participants have a realistic chance of degree attainment and admission into graduate and professional degree programs. To accomplish these objectives, TRIO–SSS provides services that foster academic achievement and personal success, which corresponds with GCU’s mission and Mercy core values. The program is funded to serve 160 students each year and is free for students who qualify and meet eligibility requirements.
- holistic academic and social support;
- tutoring and supplemental instruction;
- workshops and cultural events;
- financial aid/literacy education;
- graduate school counseling;
- a computer lab; and
- advocacy, coaching, and mentoring.
To qualify, students must:
- be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for federal financial aid;
- be enrolled full time at GCU; and
- have a need for academic support.
Students must also satisfy one or more of the following eligibility requirements:
- be a first-generation college student, or
- meet federal income guidelines, or
- have a physical or learning disability.
To apply, visit http://www.georgian.edu/trio-sss/ to complete and submit an application online or apply in person at the TRIO–SSS office. We are located on the second floor of the Casino—use the side door across from the library, turn right, and go up the stairs. For more information, contact us at 732-987-2610 or email@example.com.