TRIO–Student Support Services
TRIO–Student Support Services (SSS) aspires to meet the needs of eligible students who have the potential to successfully overcome the challenges of higher education. Our focus is to ensure that program participants have a realistic chance of degree attainment and admission into graduate and professional degree programs. To accomplish these objectives, TRIO–SSS provides services that foster academic achievement and personal success, which corresponds with GCU’s mission and Mercy core values.
- academic and graduate school counseling;
- financial literacy training;
- study skills workshops;
- a computer lab; and
- advocacy, mentoring, and coaching.
To qualify, students need to:
- be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for federal financial aid,
- be enrolled at GCU, and
- have a need for academic support.
Students must also satisfy one or more of the following eligibility requirements:
- be a first-generation college student, or
- meet federal income guidelines, or
- have a physical or learning disability.
To apply, download the application at http://www.georgian.edu/trio-sss/ and mail it in or apply in person at the TRIO–SSS office. We are on the second floor of the Casino—use the side door across from the library, turn right, and go up the stairs. For more information, contact us at 732-987-2610 or email@example.com.