Business Administration, B.S./Business Administration, M.B.A.
Advanced Admission to the Master of Business Administration Program
The Department of Business Administration offers select students majoring in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, or Marketing at Georgian Court University the opportunity to apply for admission to the traditional M.B.A. program after completing 75 credits and at least three-fourths of the required business and accounting courses. For acceptance, students:
- Complete a Graduate Application.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher and 3.5 in the major program1.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from the Department of Business Administration faculty attesting to the ability of the student to succeed in the program.
- Complete an interview with the M.B.A. program director.
- Complete the Required Core Competency courses or the matching undergraduate courses with a grade in each course of B (3.0) or higher.
The M.B.A. director may allow for a lower GPA when a student has shown dramatic improvements in their sophomore and junior years or if they have significant course credits due to transfer or change of major.
Students meeting the above criteria will be accepted into the M.B.A. program without taking the GMAT and may take as many as four M.B.A. courses (12 credits) upon completing 90 undergraduate credits; that is, while they are still undergraduate students. While acceptance into the M.B.A. program is assured, that acceptance is deferred until the undergraduate degree is conferred. The M.B.A. course selected while still an undergraduate student should be taken after the appropriate undergraduate course is completed. The B.S./M.B.A. program requires students to complete all the undergraduate and graduate degree requirements.