Admission of Nonmatriculating (Nondegree, Noncertificate, Noncertification) Students
Students who meet the Georgian Court admissions requirements may enroll in undergraduate courses to meet educational goals other than attaining a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or certification. Students who wish to take courses for self-enrichment must provide appropriate educational verification. The educational verification must represent the highest level of education attained by the student. Official college transcripts are required to demonstrate completion of course prerequisites.
Students who do not have a baccalaureate degree and wish to take credits for self-enrichment must realize that the credits will be held in escrow until the time of matriculation. Students who do not have a bachelor’s degree may take a maximum of eleven self-enrichment courses. Students must declare an intention to matriculate into a degree, certificate or certification program once eleven self-enrichment courses have been completed. An application for matriculation must be filed with the Office of Admissions at that time. If accepted as a matriculating student, credits earned as a nonmatriculating student will be evaluated toward the degree, certificate, or certification program.
Students who have a baccalaureate degree may choose to take courses as prerequisites for master’s degrees, certifications, certificates, and the Georgian Court University or Seton Hall University postbaccalaureate accelerated nursing degree program. It is the student’s responsibility to register for courses approved by their program. An admission application, application fee, and official transcripts from previously attended institutions are required. The student’s enrollment classification for prerequisite courses is considered nonmatriculating.
Students who do not have a degree, but are enrolled in or accepted at another college or university and wish to transfer credits to that institution, should obtain written approval from that institution prior to taking any course(s) at Georgian Court.
Admission Procedures for Nonmatriculating Students
All nonmatriculating students must provide the following:
- Completed nonmatriculating application;
- $250 tuition deposit in order to register for the chosen courses (exception: deposit not required for Course Ahead students);
- Educational verification of the highest level of education attained by the student:
- A high school student, except for Course Ahead students, must submit an official high school transcript from the present high school.
- A high school graduate must submit an official high school transcript or copy of the GED.
- A student with some previous college experience must submit an official transcript from each college attended.
- A student with an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree must submit an official transcript, copy of the degree, copy of a state teacher certificate, or copy of a state teacher certification evaluation. Please Note: Nonmatriculating students will not be permitted to attend classes until proper educational verification has been provided.
- If the selected course(s) have prerequisites, the student must submit an official college transcript(s) to demonstrate completion of the prerequisites.
Student Immunization & Document Requirements
All students are required to complete a Student Health Form and provide documentation of immunizations before attending class and/or moving into residence halls. Click here to complete your health forms via the student health portal.
Failure to comply will result in a hold on your account and inability to access your grades or register for future classes.
Georgian Court University Requires the Following:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Completed Series.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR): Two doses: First dose given after 1968 and on or after 12 months of age; second dose separated at least by 28 days from the first dose or laboratory report indicating positive immunity.
- Hepatitis B: (Full-Time Undergraduate and Graduate Students Taking 9 or More Credits): Three doses of vaccine (two doses of adult vaccine in adolescents 11 to 15 years of age)/or laboratory report indicating positive immunity.
- Meningococcal tetravalent (must include Groups A, C, Y, & W-135): Requirement for all first-time students under the age of 19 (Commuters and Residents) and Resident Students over the age of 19. Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine given on or after 16th birthday. Booster dose required if given prior to 16th birthday.
- Verification of negative Tuberculosis (Mantoux) test or negative Quantiferon Gold-TB test is required of all resident and international students within 6 months of admission.