Admission of Nonmatriculating (Nondegree, Noncertificate, Noncertification) Students
Students who meet the Georgian Court admissions requirements may enroll in undergraduate courses to meet educational goals other than attaining a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or certification. Students who wish to take courses for self-enrichment must provide appropriate educational verification. The educational verification must represent the highest level of education attained by the student. Official college transcripts are required to demonstrate completion of course prerequisites.
Students who do not have a baccalaureate degree and wish to take credits for self-enrichment must realize that the credits will be held in escrow until the time of matriculation. Students who do not have a bachelor’s degree may take a maximum of eleven self-enrichment courses. Students must declare an intention to matriculate into a degree, certificate or certification program once eleven self-enrichment courses have been completed. An application for matriculation must be filed with the Office of Admissions at that time. If accepted as a matriculating student, credits earned as a nonmatriculating student will be evaluated toward the degree, certificate, or certification program.
Students who have a baccalaureate degree may choose to take courses as prerequisites for master’s degrees, certifications, certificates, and the Seton Hall University postbaccalaureate accelerated nursing degree program. It is the student’s responsibility to register for courses approved by their program. An admission application, application fee, and official transcripts from previously attended institutions are required. The student’s enrollment classification for prerequisite courses is considered nonmatriculating.
Students who do not have a degree, but are enrolled in or accepted at another college or university and wish to transfer credits to that institution, should obtain written approval from that institution prior to taking any course(s) at Georgian Court.
Admission Procedures for Nonmatriculating Students
All nonmatriculating students must provide the following:
- Completed undergraduate admissions application form or online application;
- $250 tuition deposit in order to register for the chosen courses;
- Educational verification of the highest level of education attained by the student:
- A high school student must submit an official high school transcript from the present high school.
- A high school graduate must submit an official high school transcript or copy of the GED.
- A student with some previous college experience must submit an official transcript from each college attended or an educational verification form completed by the last college attended.
- A student with an associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree must submit an official transcript or copy of the degree or an educational verification form completed by the college in which the highest level of education was attained or copy of a state teacher certificate or copy of a state teacher certification evaluation. Please Note: Nonmatriculating students will not be permitted to attend classes until proper educational verification has been provided.
- If the selected course(s) have prerequisites, the student must submit an official college transcript(s) to demonstrate completion of the prerequisites; and
- All students are required to have a completed student health form on file prior to the start of classes.