Admission Requirements for International Students on F-1 Student Visas
International students who need an I-20 form must present official documents by June 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester. In addition to the requirements of the specific program, the following items are needed to process an application for admission:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or higher on the paper test or 79 or higher on the Internet-based test; OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test score of 6 or higher; OR DUOLINGO English Test (DET) score of 100 or higher. Test scores must be from tests taken within the last three years. The submission of a lower than minimum TOEFL, IELTS, or DET score would be considered when accompanied by an SAT score above 1000 or an ACT score above 22.
- Students who are native citizens of countries whose principal language is English are not required to provide evidence of English language proficiency. A waiver of the requirement to provide evidence of proficiency may be granted to students who present evidence of at least one year of high-school or higher-level education with English as the language of instruction, provided that the student’s performance was the equivalent of a GPA of 2.5 or higher and the English-language education was within the past three years. Students who are not required to provide evidence of English language proficiency must submit their official SAT or ACT scores.
- Transcripts from institutions outside of the United States or Canada that do not follow a U.S. or Canadian curriculum and/or that are not in English must undergo an overall and course-by-course evaluation in English conducted by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). This evaluation must be sent directly from the evaluation service to the Office of Admissions in lieu of official transcripts.
- Georgian Court University Financial Support Documentation; and
- Upon acceptance to Georgian Court, students must submit a nonrefundable tuition deposit of USD $250.00 before issuance of an I-20 form. Applicants must apply for full-time status (12 or more credits per semester). International students who need an I-20 form must submit their enrollment deposit by June 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.
- Upon receipt of the I-20 form, students must pay the U.S. immigration SEVIS I-901 fee. For more information on this fee, please go to http://www.fmjfee.com. The student must then visit an embassy or consulate to obtain the visa and receive any additional information. Further information can be found at http://www.uscis.gov. International students may take only one course online per semester if in the United States on a student visa.
Georgian Court University is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Student Immunization & Document Requirements
All students are required to complete a Student Health Form and provide documentation of immunizations before attending class and/or moving into residence halls. Click here to complete your health forms via the student health portal.
Failure to comply will result in a hold on your account and inability to access your grades or register for future classes.
Georgian Court University Requires the Following:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Completed Series.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR): Two doses: First dose given after 1968 and on or after 12 months of age; second dose separated at least by 28 days from the first dose or laboratory report indicating positive immunity.
- Hepatitis B: (Full-Time Undergraduate and Graduate Students Taking 9 or More Credits): Three doses of vaccine (two doses of adult vaccine in adolescents 11 to 15 years of age)/or laboratory report indicating positive immunity.
- Meningococcal tetravalent (must include Groups A, C, Y, & W-135): Requirement for all first-time students under the age of 19 (Commuters and Residents) and Resident Students over the age of 19. Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine given on or after 16th birthday. Booster dose required if given prior to 16th birthday.
- Verification of negative Tuberculosis (Mantoux) test or negative Quantiferon Gold-TB test is required of all resident and international students within 6 months of admission.