Admission Requirements for International Students on F-1 Student Visas
International students who need an I-20 form must present official documents by May 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester. In addition to the requirements of the specific program, the following items are needed to process an application for admission:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or higher on the paper test or 79 or higher on the Internet-based test; OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test score of 6 or higher. Test scores must be from tests taken within the last three years. The submission of a lower than minimum TOEFL score would be considered when accompanied by an SAT score above 1000 or an ACT score above 22.
- Students who are native citizens of countries whose principal language is English are not required to provide evidence of English language proficiency. A waiver of the requirement to provide evidence of proficiency may be granted to students who present evidence of at least one year of high-school or higher-level education with English as the language of instruction, provided that the student’s performance was the equivalent of a GPA of 2.5 or higher and the English-language education was within the past three years. Students who are not required to provide evidence of English language proficiency must submit their official SAT or ACT scores.
- Transcript evaluation, overall and course by course, completed by:
World Education Services (WES)
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087
Telephone: 212-966-6311 or http://www.wes.org
WES does require a fee for translation. Official evaluations must be sent directly from World Education Services for the specific academic program in lieu of official transcripts from countries other than the United States;
- Georgian Court University Financial Support Documentation; and
- Georgian Court University Student Health Form.
- Upon acceptance to Georgian Court, students must submit a nonrefundable tuition deposit of USD $250.00 before issuance of an I-20 form. Applicants must apply for full-time status (12 or more credits per semester).
- Upon receipt of the I-20 form, students must pay the U.S. immigration SEVIS I-901 fee. For more information on this fee, please go to http://www.fmjfee.com. The student must then visit an embassy or consulate to obtain the visa and receive any additional information. Further information can be found at http://www.uscis.gov. International students may take only one course online per semester if in the United States on a student visa.
Georgian Court University is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.